Monday, February 16, 2009

I love Mondays

On Mondays I'm usually motivated because I made it through another weekend of temptation unscathed. Well, maybe not unscathed, but I survived. Let's keep it going!

The Tour of California finally got things fixed and I'm watching the online live video feed. The problem really was the weather because cycling.tv had problems yesterday and their feed is back on today as well. Now, if we could just convince the Tour de France people to use this technology. Hopefully the GPS tracking of the riders will start working soon.

Another interesting technology development is the live updates on Twitter. I'm following a number of news organizations, photographers, race teams, and riders with live texts from the course. Johan Bruyneel was the first one to break the news yesterday that the GC leader had withdrawn from stage 2. You may have seen the news articles where Lance Armstrong's one-of-a-kind bike was swiped. Lance first broke the news via a tweet. Lance is the most followed Tweeter with over 117,000 followers. Yesterday I saw it was at 108,000. A couple of weeks ago it was at 10,000. Needless to say, Twitter just got another $35 million dollars of funding. Watch out. If you're not on Twitter, you should be! Follow me!

No comments:

Post a Comment