Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Hump Day

If you look at the chart, click it to make it bigger, you'll see a tiny little hump on the green line. Let's hope it doesn't grow. 

I felt good this morning and was surprised that I had gone up 0.6 pounds. I won't go into the details of bodily functions that I believe attributed to this bounce. Suffice to say that after a delightful morning, I may be back down below 196 again. 

Bought a handy little scale the other day so I can weigh my food by grams and really see what I'm eating rather than something like "large naval orange". I buy jumbo naval oranges from the store and today I weighed one in at 275g. After calculated the calories from a "verified" entry on Livestrong.com, I discovered that I'm eating 150 per jumbo naval orange whereas the large naval orange I was using showed 100 calories.

What I find is that most servings sizes that I see, like a cup of rice is a little over 100 calories, most fruit is 100 calories. So they key is to just eat 10 things per day and I'm set. Or, I'll just continue to use the LiveStrong.com software on my iPod Touch and wait for a BlackBerry Storm version to come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment