Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Huge Dip & Tri Training

It's been a good week. Once my body flushed itself of all the impurities of the crap I ate on the weekend, I find myself at my lowest recorded weight so far. This is the lowest I've been at least since July when I started the daily recording of my weight. 

My stomach is getting used to the smaller meals. Last night I made some stir fry veggies with light butter, no salt and no oil. Very low calories but I probably ate too much. I felt very full.

Today I started my triathlon training. I'm actually doing a Couch-to-5K and then a beginner's sprint triathlon plan. I don't want to be too aggressive and end up with foot and knee problems again. It's been too long since I've been out for a run. It was very nice and I love that I burned almost 500 calories in about an hour. I'll be running 3 days a week for the next 8 weeks. I add cycling in late April and swimming in late May. The triathlon is on August 22.

I'm discovering a lot about triathlons. Training techniques, gear for running, biking, swimming. How do I get my bike to South Dakota? Flights are cheap now at $298. Plus $80 to $175 each way to check the bike as baggage. Plus I'll need a bag or box to pack it in. Or I can use a service for around $200 round trip plus packing. That might be the route to go. I wonder how much insurance is? I'll find all that out as the weeks pass by.

My Timex Ironman Flix watch is perfect for the interval training. It has 9 intervals and I used 7 so I'll be fine. I can even hear the beeping over the sound of the iPod. I couldn't find my Nano today so I could track my stats with my Nike+. I remembered when it was once I got home. It was not charged anyway so I charged it and we're all ready for Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment