Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Baby needs a new pair of shoes

That's an old line gamblers would use right before they threw the dice. But I really need a new pair of shoes.

Wait! I just bought a new pair of shoes.

Ouch! After 3 runs I discovered that the Saucony's were cut a little high and they were making my right ankle a little tender. I felt okay until I put the shoes on and the right shoe would press against that tender spot. Ouch!

But, luckily the Snail's Pace has a great 30 day return policy so I went in to exchange them for the Nike's that I almost purchased. Unfortunately, they are still out of stock so they ordered a pair for me. Size 13! I normally wear 11 1/2 in dress and street shoes but did you know your foot swells when you run? And the Nikes are Nike+ compatible. Very nice but I have to wait a week for them. So I'm back to the old Nikes that are too small for my feet. I can't stop running. That will create havoc on my training. Hope I don't get black-toe.

I've included a chart of some of my logged runs through my Nike+. Click on the image to see the full size chart. Not all my runs are on here because I've been having problems with the iPod or the Nike+ losing my runs. Grrrrrrr And my pace is much better now. It's around 11 mins/mile. Not face but pretty good for an old guy who was never a runner.

I hope the beer and cigars I enjoy tonight don't screw up my training too much.... Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment